Polonia (2004-2009) https://polishbookmarket.blogs
Estonia – The Bookseller – 23 March 2018 print issue, pp. 9-10
- 1,3 milioane locuitori
- Valoare piata carte intre 35-40 mil euro – 2017
- Aproximativ 50 de librarii + 100/150 de supermarketuri in care sa vand carti
- Tiraj mediu 700-800 de copii
- Literatura locala se vinde mai bine decat traducerile
- Scadere in 2009 de 10-20% a CA
- Ebooks – 2 % din piata totala de carte – 3500 de titluri disponibile in Estonia
Lituania – The Bookseller – 12 April 2018, p.21
- Populatie – 2.9 milioane
- Circulatie – 4.6 milioane exemplare (retail + vnz catre librarii + scoli si alte institutii) – scadere de la 7.3 milioane (2008 – 2010)
- Valoare estimata piata 2017 – 45 milioane euro
- 63 de edituri `active` (titluri tiparite anual mai mare de 9), peste 500 de edituri
- 144 de librarii specializate
- 68% dintre noile titluri – autori locali
- 52% circulatie pentru autorii locali
- 3,167 titluri noi publicate pe an – scadere de 30% din 2008-2010
- Declin de -13.8% in numarul de librarii din 2008 pana in prezent
- Declin de -41.1% in circulatie din 2008
- Cel mai mare editor din Lituania, Alma Littera Group, detine 23% din piata
- Achizitie de carte prin internet – 4.4%, triplare fata de 2008 (1,2 %)
- Ebooks = 1-2%
- Trade Publishing – The average print-run of a trade title was 3,800 copies in 2002, compared to 3,100 in 2007, and 2,000 in 2011. In fiction, the trend was different, starting at an average of 1,500, which could be extended to 2,500 by 2011 (down from a peak of 3,300 in 2007).
- Translations – In 2011, 594 out of the 3,731 published works of fiction were translations (or 15.9 %, slightly up from previous years), of which 228 works were translated from English, 221 from Russian (the fastest-growing source language in recent years), followed by 85 French, 67 German and 65 Polish titles.
- Book Selling: Distribution and Retail – Industry experts estimate the turnover in book retail in Ukraine at 750 to 800 million UAH, with around 25 million copies distributed through retail channels (from a total production of approximately 47 million – see above under “production”). Total sales are estimated to have decreased by around 10 % in 2012 (against 2011). The average mark up for retail from publishers’ net selling prices is estimated at 85%, with a significant differences between the main channels, as small independent stores on average mark up 50 to 70 %, while chains and large book stores add around 120 to 180 %, and book kiosks average around 40 to 60 % on a publishers’ net price for a book. In Ukraine, no book wholesalers hold a significant share of the market. In retail, chain bookstores under foreign ownership have a significant presence in the market (notably the Russian chain EKSMO, and the Polish chain EMPIK).
- Independent book shops — about 600; chain bookstores – 277.
- Bookselling sections and book stands with a narrow range of books in supermarkets – 1,165
- Sections selling children’s books only in specialized supermarkets selling clothing and food for children – 57
- there are no companies in Ukraine engaged in wholesaling and book distribution. There are only two enterprises engaged in small-scale wholesaling activities
- according to the National library of the Czech republic, which produces the Czech National Bibliography, data submitted obligatorily shows that after the previous, record-breaking year, the year 2012 recorded a total of 17,247 published book titles
- In 2012 the share of the total volume of Czech book production claimed by works in translation was again more than a third; 5871 titles appeared, about 10 % down on the record year of 2011, which is basically in line with last year’s overall decrease in the number of books produced. This indicator continues to place the Czech republic alongside Hungary and the Baltic states as one of the countries which produces the most books in translation.
- VAT 10%
- Czech Republic Inaugurates a Tax-Deductible Book Allowance for Employees – https://
publishingperspectives.com/ 2018/01/czech-republic- introduces-tax-deductible- book-allowances-for-employees/